Should you be faced with an unfortunate accident, we hope you will find the following information helpful.
AUTOMOBILE & RECREATIONAL VEHICLE CLAIM:Accident:
- Stop your vehicle and move it to a safe place.
- Determine if you or any passengers are injured. Call for medical assistance if needed. If two or more vehicles are involved, do not leave the scene.
- Should the accident involve more than one vehicle or property damage has occurred, call the police.
- Cooperate with authorities and answer all of their questions.
- Record addresses, telephone numbers, type and ownership of vehicles/property, insurance information, a description of damages from the other parties. Take photos if you are able.
- Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- NEVER admit fault to anyone.
- If your vehicle must be towed, ask that it be taken to a repair shop of your choice.
- Call our office to report the accident as soon as possible. We will verify your coverage/deductible and then advise you to obtain estimates for repairs.
- Report the damage to our office, and we will verify your coverage/deductible before advising on how to have the windshield repaired.
- Call the appropriate authorities should the loss involves theft or vandalism or if someone has been injured.
- Protect your damaged property by making reasonable repairs that can be completed safely to ensure no further damage can occur. For example, secure a tarp on the roof for leaks, cover shattered windows, etc.
- Keep a record of repair costs and retain receipts for these immediate and necessary expenditures.
- Call our office to report the claim as soon as possible. We will verify your coverage/deductible and give you advice for obtaining estimates for repairs.
- Make a list of all items that were damaged or destroyed, including descriptions of the items, original costs,and approximate ages of all items. (Boone-Ritter Insurance recommends recording your inventory with a video camera and keeping receipts or credit card statements for any major purchase, such as appliances, farm equipment, etc.)